Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm going to miss this...

I need to slow down, one day I'm going to miss
-finding Cheerios in odd places when I haven't even fed the children Cheerios... like under -my bed or under my pillow. It just means there are little ones who still require finger foods around here.
-wiping sticky little hands, messy fingerprints, and chubby little fingers. It just means I have little hands to hold.
-little bed hogs when they are sick. It just means they know where to find comfort.
-sticky kisses. wet kisses. Sloppy kisses. I just means I'm loved.
-the LOUD off key singing, silly dances and over the top costumes. It just means I'm fostering their creativity, and they're happy about it.
- hearing "mommy can I help you make dinner". It just means I am instilling a love for cooking, teaching a life skill and I get to spend time with my little ones.
- the constant begging to go outside. It just means they want and enjoy being active.
one day, I'm going to miss all of this. I'm not going to look back and think how many times did I have to clean up after these kids? How much could I have gotten done if we just stayed inside? I'm just going to miss these sweet little hugs, sloppy kisses and fingerprints all over.

2 comments: