Life's been topsy turvy lately. So many things changing and it seems like every where we turn something is ... I guess going wrong for lack of better words. Because really, it isn't "wrong" if God is sovereign and we have entrusted Him with all these details and prayed over them many times. Wrong isn't the word... "not our ways, but His" is more appropriate. Frustrating as that may be at times, I suspect that's human nature.
This week the Air Force threw us for a loop. Really put a huge road block in our way, the very way we felt the Lord leading us. You know, you pray over situations and decisions and you see the Lords hand throughout the process and He leads you down the path. He opens and closes doors for you and even allows amazing things to happen that just make you say, "THAT is definitely a God thing". Events happen that are out of your hands and seem to be impossible, but they happen and you're reminded that all things are possible with Christ. Then the road block, or two... maybe even five road blocks... all in a row. What do you do? Hit your knees and ask God to reconfirm all that He has brought you through? Go boldly to the throne of Grace and ask Him if maybe you saw all the signs wrong? Whine? Get angry? Wonder if He's really listening? Wonder if this is a test? Is it a trial? Will I grow from this? Do I have to grow from this? Can't I skip this part? Can I really do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me? IS God truly sovereign? Omnipotent? Omniscient? Ever faithful?
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."(Deut 7:9)
"Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did He in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places" (Psalm 135:6).
"For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does" "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you." Ps 33:4 and 22
God knows us... Psalm 139
We are still not out of this storm, the road blocks are still there. But when I look up, I see hope, I see light, I see peace. Perhaps God will lead us around the road blocks, maybe through them. We're not sure, we are sure of who is leading us though. It took me a couple of temper tantrums before I looked up again. Instead of looking all around me at the situation and freaking out. God has never let me down, ever faithful. Yet I still forget, still freak out, still panic. I was talking to MIL about it and she said well, as Grandpa D used to say "my feet are still on the ground" in other words- it is human nature, we are human. I think it's ok as long as we don't dwell on it, stay panicked, cross our arms and pout without remembering that God is the one who is in control. This doesn't mean I walk around saying "bring it on, I can take it", I guess it means "if it comes, I know who is on my side".
Yes Lord, it IS well with my soul. And yes, help me to "count it all joy, let patience have it's perfect work, remember to ask for your wisdom, help me to endure" as stated in James 1.
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
We are going through a trial of sorts now too, and a passage that the Lord gave me yesterday may speak to your heart too.
ReplyDeleteEph. 3:20-21
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Jesus Christ to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
No matter what that plan entails, even if it takes a turn that you totally did not expect, it will be exceedingly abundantly more than anything you can even imagine, and it will be for His glory! Not that you don't already know this but I hope you are encouraged.
Thinking of you...
That was beautiful post! I hope everything gets worked out!
ReplyDelete